第十六条 学生修完人才培养方案规定的课程，但未达到毕业要求的，准予结业，发给结业证书。 结业后一年内可申请返校重考课程（实践环节，含毕业设计和毕业论文）一次，重考合格，达到发放毕业证书条件的，可换发毕业证书。重考仍不合格者，不再给予重考机会，以后不再换发毕业证书。
1. Observe the relevant policies of China and the regulations worked out by the university authorities.
2. Study hard and complete all the necessary courses required by the university.
3. Advocate respect and love between classmates and promote unity and friendship among schoolmates.
4. Respect the faculty and staff members of the university.
5. Pay attention to hygiene and take part in physical training.
6. Respect the social customs and habits of the Chinese people.
7. Maintain and promote friendship and unity among peoples of all countries.
1. International students have to bring with them to China the Admission Notice, and arrive at the campus for registration according to the given schedule. Those who do not arrive on time will need to explain the reason for their lateness and to complete formalities to ask for leave of absence after the event. Students who have not registered two weeks after the commencement of the semester will be immediately disqualified from enrollment. International students have to bring the following documents:
1) GuangzhouMedical UniversityAdmission Notice
3) Passport with X visa (original and 1 copy)
4) The Health Certificate (original)
5) Ten photos of the same size as in the passport.
2. Those who have taken the physical examinations abroad should go to the Guangdong International Travel Health Center for the medical verification with the “the Physical Examination Record for Foreigner (PERF)”. Those who fail to meet the verification requirements will have to take another health examination for some or all of the items at the Center within the prescribed time. All the expenses occurred should be covered by himself/ herself. Registration will be denied to those whose state of health is not up to the requirements.
3. Students should pay the fees in Yuan in full within 7 days after registration. Students who fail to pay tuition fee within the specified time will not allowed to register and not allowed to apply for the Residence Permit.
4. Students who could pay off the fees and hand in all the documents as requested are allowed to register and start the classes.
5. Students should sign an agreement and then be assigned a room to live in. Students must observe all dormitory regulations.
6. Students should register in Guangzhou Medical University and apply for the Resident Permit for Foreigner Registration within 30 days after arrival in China.
7. At the beginning of each semester, students are requested to return to the university no later than the fixed time. They have to check in at the International Students Office and go through registration formalities. If they fail to return on time and not ask for permission in advance, they will be punished for absence without asking for leave. If they delay registration for more than two weeks, they will be considered as leaving the university automatically.
Rules of etiquette for international students have been especially worked out in order to standardize the management of our university.
Article One:All international students shall maintain a good image and have a neat appearance and tidy clothes. No one is allowed to have his shirt unbuttoned and his chest bared. Male students are not permitted to have long hair and all students are forbidden to wear slippers outside, in class or in public and wear their hats askew.
Article Two:International students shall be polite, respect teachers and accept teachers’ advice by following their instructions.
Article Three:International students should talk and behave politely.
Article Four:All the international students must comply with class discipline and are not allowed to do anything irrelevant to the class teaching content whilst in class, such as listening to music, sleeping, whispering to others, disturbing other students, etc. If a student is caught doing any of the above, he/she shall be given a warning that will go on their record. If they fail to correct their mistakes, serious punishment will be given and they will ultimately be expelled from the university. Those who defy discipline, are always late for class, consecutively leave class early and are absent from class without any reason will be given a warning punishment. If they turn a deaf ear to the warning, a serious warning and final expulsion from the university will be given.
Article Five:Students must obey the work-and-rest schedule, attend class punctually and stop outdoor activities and sports before eleven o’ clock at night. Any violators will receive punishment based on the rules and regulations.
Article Six:Talking loudly in public places is forbidden, such as in the classroom, dormitory, etc, those who refuse the persuasion and cause severe disturbance to others will be dealt with strictly.
Article Seven:Students will receive punishment based on the rules and regulations if their affrays result from addictive drinking, particularly on festivals or holidays.
Article Eight:No smoking in public, in the lab, corridors or on campus while walking.
Article Nine:Those who interfere with the performance of duties by others will be given punishment according to the university rules.
Article Ten:Those who make affrays and steal other’s belongings will be punished according to the Public Security Law of China.
Article Eleven:Students involved in using drugs, selling drugs or who provide this kind of service will be punished severely according to the Law of China.
Article Twelve:Students must consciously observe the rules and regulations, protect public property and maintain the regulations of libraries, classroom, labs, dormitories, dinning halls, gymnasiums, sports-ground, campus and other public sites. Students should not move randomly and damage the property or equipment of the university. If caught committing this kind of offense, the students will be given a strict penalty.
Article Thirteen:Gambling, promulgating or selling illegal or obscene books and periodicals are strictly prohibited. Any offender will be dealt with according to the Law of China.
Article Fourteen:Any activities after class must not disturb the regular teaching and life order of the university.
Article Fifteen:The freedom of religious belief of foreigners within Chinese territory is respected and protected by the Law. Religious activities are only allowed in designated religious sites. Foreigners shall not establish religious organizations, set up religious offices, sites for religious activities or run religious institutions, not may they develop followers, appoint religious personnel or engage in other missionary activities. No person or organization is allowed to do missionary work on campus.
Article Sixteen:When utilizing the computer network, students must obey the relevant regulations, must not enter illegal websites or spread harmful information.
Article Seventeen:When attending exams, anyone who is found cheating will have his mark annulled and concurrently will be criticized and published. They will be dealt with according to the seriousness of his case-warning, a serious warning, a demerit or be put on probation, or be expelled from the university.
In order to maintain the normal order of teaching and life in our university, safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of international students and improve the quality of education and teaching of international students, Guangzhou Medical University makes the regulations based on Regulations over Admission of International Students of Higher Education Institutions (decree of the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China, Ministry of Public Security of the People’s Republic of China, No. 9) as well as Credit System-based Student Status Regulations of Guangzhou Medical University and the actual conditions in our university. The regulations apply to all full-time international undergraduates taking part in the regular higher education in our university.
1. Enrollment and Registration
Article One:all Students have to enroll in on their designated day of enrollment with letter of admission and the relevant documents required by the university. The school will conduct physical reexamination over the newly-enrolled students within three months in accordance with the standards set by the state. Those who pass the reexamination are to be registered and obtain status.
Article Two: at the beginning of each semester, students have to register in accordance with the regulations of the school. For those who failed to register on time should apply for a suspension of registration in advance. You are not eligible to register if you haven’t paid your tuition fees according to the regulations of the school or failed to meet the registration requirement.
Article Three:only after registration can students obtain qualification of studying at this university and validity of the results and credits of their courses.
2. Curriculum and Credits
Article Four:types of courses
⑴. Compulsory Courses: the Compulsory Courses are the courses that have been determined by the basic theory, knowledge and skills which the students are required to obtain according to the training objectives of their majors and the basic training standards of undergraduates.
⑵. Elective Courses: Elective Courses are the courses that aim at strengthening the students’ professional foundation, improving professional skills, broadening their knowledge and raising their comprehensive quality. And students are free to choose.
Article Five:students must complete the Compulsory Courses required by the Talents Training Program and get at least 8 credits for the Elective Courses.
Article Six:the duration of study for international students is six years.
4. Examination and Grades
Article Seven:international students must sit for all the quizzes and exams of the Compulsory Courses required by the Talents Training Program of their majors and the Elective Courses they chose. All the achievement will be recorded in the academic files.
Article Eight:students should take the exams on the designated time. You can apply for suspension if you are suffering from serious illness, acute disease or can not attend for other particular reasons. Students who miss the exams without applying for suspension ahead of time will receive a zero grade for the exam. They will be marked absent and no reexamination will be arranged for them. There is only one suspension for the same subject and no suspension for the Elective Courses. Instead, students can choose other Elective Courses to make up for it. Furthermore, there is no suspension for reexamination.
Those who fail in the reexamination can apply for another chance to resit before they graduate. But they are not eligible to graduate if they still fail in the exam.
Article Nine:grades are given in the form of percentages. The passing grade is 60%. You can refer to Rules of Work about Tests of Guangzhou Medical University for details.
Article Ten:students who disobey the exam disciplines or committed plagiarism will be punished based on the Disciplinary Approach to Exam Cheating of Guangzhou Medical University. Those who are put on disciplinary probation will not have the chance to resit until the punishment is lifted.
Article Eleven:For each academic year, those who failed to pass five or more exams of the Compulsory Courses and Elective Courses after reexamination will be given academic warning. It will be delivered to the student himself by the university in the written form.
6. Transferring to another School
Article Twelve:Students should generally be in this university to complete their studies. If you can not continue your education for some particular difficulty, you may apply for a transfer to other schools.
7. Suspension and Resumption of Studies
Article Thirteen:students are to be suspended when belonging to one of the following situations:
⑴.Those who/the students are suffering from injury and disease and the diagnosis of prescribed hospital shows that treatment and rest are needed for about one third of the total lessons of one semester;
⑵.According to the attendance record, the students were asking for leave which exceeds one third of the total lessons of one semester;
⑶.For some particular reason, the student himself applies for suspension or the university thinks it necessary for him.
The longest duration of suspension can not be over one year, and there is only one suspension while at university.
Article Fourteen:The arising of one of the following situations will lead to the dismissal of a student from the University:
⑴. For whatever reason (including suspension) time in school accumulated to be one year longer than the prescribed duration of schooling;
⑵.Failure in theCompulsory Coursesaccumulated to 10 units (not including the passed retaking courses);
⑶.Failure to apply for resumption of one’s study two weeks after the expiration of suspension of schooling, or not eligible to regain one’s student status upon examination for the resumption application;
⑷.Incapable of keeping on study in the university due to accidental disability or diseases diagnosed by the prescribed hospital of the University;
⑸.Unexcused absence from prescribed teaching activities for two continuous weeks;
⑹. Failure to make registration before deadline without proper reasons;
⑺.Voluntary withdrawal from the university.
9. Graduation and Degree, completion of study andnon-completion university study
Article Fifteen:the students (with formal student status) who have finished all courses required by the Talents Training Program within the prescribed duration of study and reached the standards of graduation will be qualified for graduation and obtain the certificate ofgraduation.For those who fit in with Regulations Concerning Academic Degrees in the People's Republic of China,InterimMeasuresof Regulations Concerning Academic Degrees in the People's Republic of China,InterimMeasuresof Regulations Concerning Bachelor Degree of Regular Institutions of Higher Learning in Guangdong Province and Working Rules of Bachelor Degree Granting of Credit System-Based Undergraduates of Guangzhou Medical University will obtain bachelor degree after they’re through the confirmation of the academic degree evaluation committee of the university upon examination. Students who fail to reach the standards of bachelor degree granting and who got certificate ofcompletion of study are no longer granted thebachelordegree.
Article Sixteen:students who have completed the courses required by the Talents Training Program but haven’t reached the standards of graduation will be granted the certificate ofcompletion of study.
There is one chance for students to apply to resit within one year after graduation (practice session, including graduation design and thesis). Students who passed the reexamination and reached the standards of graduation will be granted the certificate of graduation. Those who still failed are not entitled to reexamination and will no longer obtain the certificate of graduation.
Article Seventeen:Studentswho studied at this university for more than one year (including one year) but withdrew without completing the courses prescribed in the Talents Training Program will be granted certificate of non-completion university study; for those who studied at this university for less than one year will only obtaina certificate of study once at Guangzhou Medical University.
10. Supplementary Articles
Article Eighteen:the Status Regulations are applicable to international students andtakes effects from the day of promulgation.
Article Nineteen:Situations not covered in the above Regulations can be determined by making reference to relevant student status regulations released by China's Ministry of Education and Education Department of Guangdong Province.
Article Twenty:The explanation rights of the regulation belong to the Teaching Affair Department of Guangzhou Medical University.
According to Course Retaking Rules ofCredit System-Based Undergraduates of Guangzhou Medical University, students who fail in the reexamination can apply for retaking the course from 2011-2012-2ndsemester on.
1. International students are expected to attend classes in accordance with the timetable. Absences from school without asking for leave, or being late or leaving early from classes without reasons are not allowed.
2. Attendance calculation method:
1) The basic unit of attendance calculation is class hour.
2) Be late for two times will be calculated as one class hour absence.
3) Leaving early from classes will be considered as acts of truancy and the class hour is calculated as real situations. If the time is less than one class hour, one hour absence will be also recorded.
4) Unified activities arranged by the university can be converted to class hour.
5) A daytime can be calculated as nine class hours.
6) Only the Chinese legal holiday arrangements are allowed.
3. If a student is ill or has a special reason to be absent, he/she should ask for leave of absence and fill in the application for absence. And application is handled by administrator of international students. In the case of absence from class due to illness, a certain certificate from the doctor must be presented to the administrator. A valid certificate for affairs should be enclosed in the case of leave on affair. For absence within 3 days can be ratified by the administrator; for more than 3 days, will need to obtain prior approval from the administrator, and put on record by the School of International Education and the Teaching Affair Department. Students resuming classes, whether their leave is due or not, are expected to report in time to the administrator. In case they have to extend their leave, they should go formalities of extension. Those who can not take part in teaching activities such as examination and thesis defense during the leave, he/she should apply for a postponement of examination.
4. Those who ask for leave should return according to the given schedule, and report to the administrator to terminate his/her leave within one working day. After being approved by the administrator and showing the voucher, submit the voucher to School of International Education for records. Those who do not return on time or not ask to terminate his/her leave, the exceeding amount will be considered as truancy.
5. Those who cannot continue study due to illness or affairs should submit the application. And the time allowed for suspension is no more than one academic year. Those who fail to resume studying on time will be ordered to withdraw from the university.
6. Those who are absent for 2 weeks continuously or more than 50 class hours (including 50 class hours) in accumulation in one semester will be asked to quit school and those who are absent for less than 50 class hours will be handled in accordance with the following principles:
1) A warning will be given to those who are absent for 2 – 4 days continuously or 10 – 20 class hours accumulatively.
2) A serious warning will be given to those who are absent for 5 – 6 days continuously or 21 – 30 class hours accumulatively.
3) A demerit will be registered for those who are absent for 7 – 8 days continuously or 31 – 40 class hours accumulatively.
4) Those who will be put on probation for the absence of 9 – 10 days continuously or 41 – 50 class hours accumulatively.
1. Tuition Fee: RMB30,000/annum
2. Textbooks: Actual charge
3. Hostel Fee: RMB6000/annum
4. Registration Fee (1st year only): RMB500
6. Medical Insurance(at least including Accidental Injury Medical Treatment Insurance and Hospitalization Medical Insurance): RMB600/annum
7. Those who have taken the physical examination abroad should go to the Guangdong International Travel Health Center for the medical verification with the “The Physical Examination Record for Foreigner”. Those who fail to meet the verification requirements will take another health examination for some or all of the items at the Center within the prescribed time. Students have to bear all the expenses themselves.
8. All the fees should be paid in RMB. Tuition fee, hostel fee, textbooks fee and medical insurance fee should be paid once an academic year. Textbooks fee is charged in advance.
9. Students are required to the above fee on one-time at the beginning of the academic year. Students who fail to pay tuition fee and hostel fee within the specified time will not be allowed to register.
10. Those who would like to apply for transferring, suspending schooling and dropping out of school after the payment of school fees, 90% of the tuition and hostel fee will be refunded before the classes begin. After the classes begin, those who would like to apply for dropping out school, the refund of tuition and hostel fees will be charged according to students’ school days. The refund standard for tuition fee and hostel fee="tuition" fee(one academic year)+ hostel fee/10×(10—stayed month). No refund will be made for students being expelled from the university.
11. Students who fail to pay tuition fee within the specified time will not allowed to register and not allowed to apply for the Residence Permit.
In order to maintain good order for daily life and to ensure the personal security of international students and their belongings, we expect all the residents to observe the following regulations:
1. International students are required to stay in the assigned rooms in the international student dormitories. Please do not change beds or occupy others’ room without permission. Renting houses outside by oneself is not allowed.
2. Activities that are illegal or against the regulations of the university are prohibited. Leasing the room and accommodating other people are forbidden.
3. Please take care of the public property. Don’t dismantle and change public property by yourself. Any damage or losses will be paid for as required.
4. You should clean your room and keep it clean and tidy. Don’t stack your articles in the corridor; don’t throw articles out of windows. Pets keeping are not allowed in the dormitory.
5. Students should take care of their belongings and lock the door when going out. Large amount of cash can be left in the safe or in the care of the bank.
6. Take good care of the keys and do not give them to anyone else. Please do not make extra keys, add or change locks.
7. Please keep quiet in the room and the corridors. Don’t disturb others; don’t dance, make a loud noise or turn the music up loud in the dormitory.
8. Please conserve water and electricity, and use the energy on the basis of quotas and pay his/her own expense if exceed. Please let the personnel on duty know immediately if something is wrong with water, electricity, air conditioner, etc in the room or corridors.
9. Please go to bed on time according to the schedule. Lights go out at 23:00 pm. If you do not go to bed on time, please keep quiet and don’t disturb others. Staying outside for night is prohibited. The personnel on duty inspects the situation of students going to bed, students should be submitted to the management of the personnel on duty.
10. Students should cooperate with dormitory administrator. Obstruction in the performance of duties by the dormitory administrator is not allowed.
1. International students are not allowed to burn any articles in the dormitory. Smoking is strictly prohibited. It is forbidden to set off fireworks in the dormitory.
2. Students are not allowed to change the power supply system without permission.
3. Electrical cooking utensils are strictly prohibited in the dormitory. Use the electricity properly. Please turn off lights when leaving.
4. Safety devices in students’ rooms must be of the type appointed by the campus electrician team; if there is a breakdown, please report it to the person on duty for repair.
5. Students leaving the dormitory for a long time for field work, travel or for other reasons should turn off the electricity supply of their rooms. Compensate the damage caused by your improper use according to the compensation table.
6. Please do not move the fire equipment and fire extinguishers.
7. Any students who disregard the relevant regulations and cause a fire, must take responsible and pay for all consequential losses. In grave cases those are responsible for the fire will be prosecuted by the judicial department.
1. Books are to be borrowed by using the Guangzhou Medical University E-Card. Students are not allowed to lend their E-Card to others.
2. Books can be borrowed for one month. If a student cannot return books on time he should apply for an extension for a loan.
3. Students are asked to take good care of books. It is not allowed to scribble on them or do any damage to them. If books are lost (by them), students should compensate for the lost books according to the relevant rules.
4. Reference books are not to be borrowed but the students can consult them in the reading room if necessary.
5. Students must return all borrowed books before leaving the university upon graduation.
1. Newly-arrived students who enter China with X Visas should go to Guangdong International Travel Center for medical verification upon arrival. Those who fail to satisfy the requirement may be asked to complete the medical examination again at the Center. Students have to bear all the expenses themselves. Those who are not suitable for study because of illness are requested to return home immediately.
2. In accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Education of China, the self-funded international students who will study in the Chinese universities for half a year or more will have to purchase the Overall Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in the insurance company in mainland China. This plan is a prerequisite to the registration,
3. The self-funded students who join the “Overall Insurance & Benefit Plan for International Students” will have to bear the expenses for the clinic visits to doctors. For the costs of hospitalization, with the receipt and passport copy, they could claim for part of the compensation such as medical treatment, medicine and hospitalization from the insurance company. Please inform the International Students’ Office once you have to be hospitalized so that we could process the procedures for your medical insurance.
4. International students should pay the expenses on such items as dentures, glasses, abortion, nutriment, tonics and other medicines that cannot be applied for reimbursement according to the relevant regulations.
5. Anyone who violates the law and regulations resulting in accidental injuries should be responsible for all the subsequent expenses incurred.
1. The Residence Permit: International students should obtain their residence permit from the Public Security Bureau within 30 days after entry into China. The following documents are requested:
1) The Health Certificate (original)
2) Residence Permit Application Form
3) Valid passport and Students Visa/X Visa
5) Admission Letter from GMU
6) Valid proof of students’ housing arrangement/ Accommodation Certificate from the local police station
7) Foreign Students Visa Application Form(JW201 form/ JW202 form)
Note:Applicants, who are younger than 18 years old, should provide a notarized guarantee certificate of the guardian. Students should bear the notary fees themselves.
2. In line with the regulation by the Chinese government, those who come to China for their study program can hold F visas for half a year. If they would like to continue their study programs after completing six-month program, they should apply for the X visas. The formalities are: Come to the International Students Office to fill out the “Visa Application For Study in China (JW202 Form) at least a month in advance, take your medical check-up at the Guangdong International Travel Health Center . Before you validity your F visas, you should apply to the Section of Aliens Administration of the Municipal Public Security Bureau for the X visas and residence permit with your Admission Notice, the approved JW202 From, an official letter from the university and the qualified Physical Examination Record, “Registration Certificate of Temporary Residence for Visitors”, copies of the passport (photo page, visa page and the page with the stamp indicating your latest entry into China), a photo and the receipt of digital photo. Anyone who fails to apply for the JW202 Form and the medical check-up will be responsible for any problems incurred him/herself.
3. Those who would like to continue their study when their residence permits expire should apply for the renewal before the expiration. The formalities are: fill out an Visa and Residence Permit Application Form, and then, with the signature from the administrator of international office and the office seal on the application form, valid passport and residence permit, Registration Certificate of Temporary Residence for Visitors, copies of the passport (photo page, visa page and the page with the stamp indicating your latest entry into China), a photo and the receipt of digital photo, go to the Section of Alien Administration of the Municipal Public Security Bureau to for the pertinent formalities.A fine will be imposed on those who fail to renew their visas or residence permits before their expiration. No alteration of or damages to the visa or other official certificates are permissible. Violation of the rules will result in a penalty.
4. If any international students who go back home for sick leave or any other purpose, or pay a visit to the regions of Hong Kong and Macao or other countries during their study period, should inform the university. After the university’s approval, they can obtain their entry and exit visas.
5. International students needing entry and exit visas, residence permit should pay the relevant service charge in accordance with the relevant regulations.
In order to promote the internationalization of higher education in Guangdong, encouraging more international students to study, Guangdong Government for Outstanding International Students Scholarship is set up to reward those with excellent performance.
1. Eligibility of the scholarship: the candidates should meet the requirements of Regulation of Guangdong Government for Outstanding International Students Scholarship
2. Students who are under any of the following circumstances are not eligible for scholarship review:
1) Those who break the law of PRC or violate the regulations of GMU；
2) Those who fail in one or more Compulsory Courses or Elective Courses；
3) Those who have not completed courses of the academic year as required.
3. Process of appraisal: The initial candidates of scholarship will be recommended by the administrator of international students according to eligibility and criteria of the scholarship. Then supporting materials should be submitted to School of International Education by the administrator. The School of International Education reviews the materials, which are to be approved by the school executives. The final list is subject to the announcement by Guangdong Province Office of Education after their public displays.
In order to strengthen the university discipline, establish a regular teaching order and guarantee a good environment to study and live in, the following regulations are stipulated in accordance with relevant rules in Administrative Methods of Colleges and Universities Students worked out by the MOE of PRC and Education Department of Guangdong Province.
Article One:International students who break university discipline will be given a warning, a serious warning or a demerit recording, will be placed on probation, or be expelled from the university.
According to the students conduct during the probationary period, the disciplinary action may be rescinded at or before the expiration date. If they fail to improve their conduct or break discipline again, the students will be placed on prolonged probation, or be expelled from the university.
Article Two:International students who commit the following will be expelled from school:
1) Those who oppose Chinese government, undermine stability and unity, disturb public order;
2) Those who violate the Chinese laws intentionally, if the act constitutes a crime;
3) Those who violate regulations on the administration of public security have to be punished;
4) Those who bully others and obtain protection money in any form;
5) Those whose examinations be replaced by others, those who organize cheating, use communications equipment for cheating and other serious acts of cheating;
6) Those who plagiarize of research result in serious cases;
7) Those who violate the university discipline and disturb the teaching order, living order and public place order, and caused serious consequences;
8) Those who repeatedly violate the university discipline and fail to correct their mistakes.
Article Three:Students who violate the laws, decrees or regulations formulated by the Chinese government will be placed on probation or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case.
Article Four:According to who has been held responsible and the extent of the losses, students violate regulations of fire control and cause fire disasters will be given the following punishment:
1） If the loss is not severe, the students will be given a warning or a serious warning;
2）If the loss is severe, the student will be given a demerit recording, be placed on probation or be expelled from the university;
3）Students proved to have committed arson and who caused severe loss will be expelled from the university.
Article Five:According to the seriousness of his case, students creating disturbances on and off campus, taking part in plotting fights, gang-flights or intentionally providing false witness or weapons will be given the following punishments:
1) Those who do not raise a hand but cause the fight will be given a warning, a serious warning , be placed on probation or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case;
2) Those who stir up the fight and cause serious consequence will be given a serious warning, be placed on probation or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case;
3) Those who raise a hand in the fight but not injure others will be given a serious warning ; Be given a demerit recording if they cause injury to others;
4) Those who cause severe injury to others and/or the adverse effects are severe will be given a serious warning, be placed on probation or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case;
5) Those who take part in the fight with weapons will be placed on probation or be expelled from the university;
6) Be given a demerit recording if they provide weapons but not cause adverse effects; Be given a serious warning if they cause the adverse effect;
Article Six:Students who gamble together, get drunk and create disturbance, corrupt university values will be given a warning, a serious warning, a demerit recording and be expelled according to the university regulations dependent on the seriousness of their cases.
Article Seven:Those who violate the university disciplines, put up others without permission, do not obey the work-and-rest schedule and fail to correct his/her mistake will be given a warning or a serious warning.
Article Eight:According to the seriousness of his case, students who steal or being caught swindling the public will be given the following punishments:
1) Those who commit offence uncompleted that is confirmed by the security department and police department will be given a warning;
2) If the amount of offence is less than 500 Yuan, the students will be given a warning, a serious warning, a demerit recording, be placed on probation, or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case.
3) If the amount of offence is above 500 Yuan, the students will be given a serious warning, a demerit recording, be placed on probation, or be expelled from the university according to the seriousness of his case.
4) If the case is extremely serious, it will be transferred to the public security department.
Article Nine:Those who are asked to withdraw or be expelled from the university should go through the leaving formalities within half a month.
Article Ten:The regulation is applicable to international students andtakes effects fromthe day of promulgation. The right of interpretation and explanation of the detailed regulations is reserved by the School of International Education in GMU.
1. Students who are going to leave the university (including transferring to another university, suspension of studies, withdrawal and graduation) should go through the following formalities:
1）Settle all outstanding accounts.
2）Return the keys and public property
3）Return books and library cards.
4）Return students I.D. Cards and other relevant certificates, and receive the .Certificate of Graduation and the Degree.
2. After graduation (completing the course) international students should leave the university within two weeks after the conclusion of the term. If they don’t leave on time, they will no longer be regarded as international students.
3. Students who graduate or complete their course must inform the Dormitory Management Office two days before leaving and go though the formality of returning the room.